Thanksgiving as an educator – Beginning

 

Thanksgiving Month 
Native American Month


I walked on the trial where Tongva people used to live and tried to feel about them.

To know more about the Native American history



A trail that I went where used to be the Tongva tribes 




Tongva were the L.A.'s Indigenous people (click for a brief story)



The Land


the Tule Reeds that were used to be the material for building Tongva shelters



The journey made me humble and thankful

Perhaps, I am not be able to feel like an indigenous people

Yet, I am open myself to explore more and more


Thanks that I have the choice to do that I am doing

The indigenous people did not have the choice but evacuate their homes


Thanks that I have my family

The indigenous people might be separated from their kids, parents, relatives


Thanks that I have my voice to tell people stories

The indigenous people had been ignored for decades


Thanks to the Tangva people and all the indigenous people

As an educator, in my opinion,

I have the responsibility to teach my students being humble and thankful

Nothing should be taken for granted.






About me:
📧Contact via email: music.cello.workshop@gmail.com

Comments